Bifröst University is an active member of the Icelandic research community. It is university policy to hire faculty with strong research profiles in the social sciences. Bifröst also aims to develop partnerships with institutions and networks to increase research opportunities for graduate students.
Bifröst maintains a Centre for Retail Studies and a peer reviewed journal published in open access, Bifröst Journal of Social Sciences. In the past Bifröst has engaged in various research projects run by individual faculty members such as Centre for Labour Law and Equal Rights, Centre for European Studies and the Cultural Research Centre.
- Constant workload trains students in group and team work
- Small university that emphasises personal service
- We aim for personal development and social participation
- Friendly campus for individuals and families
- Active quality control and innovative teaching methods