Next Friday, March 27th, at 11 GMT (12:00 CET) Bifröst University is offering a short online webinar, where the topic is Teaching Online.
Teaching Online can be a challenge, but offer all sorts of opportunites for students and teachers alike. All over the world, we are having to make changes to our daily lives, due the the COVID-19 outbreak. But life goes on at our universities, and we must quickly adopt new approaches. Bifröst University has offered distance learning programs for over 20 years now.
In a one hour webinar, we want to invite our colleagues to hear what our teaching and tech support staff can share, in three short segments, followed by a Q&A session. Headline topics are
- Teaching Online as a temporary measure
- Ways to enrich content and engage students in a Blended Learning environment
- Using Virtual Classrooms to allow students to interact remotely
- Managing Technical support and ICT tools available
Next Friday, March 27th, at 11 GMT (12:00 CET)
Three teachers who all have 10-20 years of experience of teaching online, in blended or distance learning format for a wide ranges of subjects
- Jón Freyr Jóhannsson, adjunct professor. Subjects: Mathematics, Informatics, Project management
- Haraldur Daði Ragnarsson, adjunct professor. Subjects: Strategic Management, Leadership, Marketing
- Ragnar Már Vilhjálmsson, adjunct professor. Subjects: Marketing, Consumer Theory, Market Research
And the for management and administration of all programs of Bifröst University, training for Teachers, IT support and more
- Dagný Kristinsdóttir, director of academic services
- Teitur Erlingsson, director of communications
Access the Webinar through Microsoft Teams. Participation is free of charge, and you are most welcome to share the link with your colleagues who might be interested.