Bifröst University offers studies in the Departments of Business and Social Sciences and Law. The University also operates a Department of Preparatory Studies (‘The University Gateway’), for students who do not meet the minimum requirements for admission to undergraduate programmes and a continuing education programme offering shorter study programmes and community- and work-related subjects.
Departments offering university-level studies take the initiative in academic policymaking and development of study programmes, and they have responsibility for course content and quality of studies. Heads of Departments direct departmental policy for their respective department, and they manage and have responsibility for professional matters within their department, quality management included. Each department has a department board, consisting of the Head of Department; one teacher, appointed by the department’s teachers; and one student, appointed by the department’s student union. The department board acts as an advisory body to the Head of Department.
- Constant workload trains students in group and team work
- Small university that emphasises personal service
- We aim for personal development and social participation
- Friendly campus for individuals and families
- Active quality control and innovative teaching methods