Scottish guests at Bifröst
Ellen Mary Kingham and Lorna Castle, administrative officers at Moray College in Elgin, Scotland, recently visited Bifröst University. Moray College is part of the University of the Highlands and Islands.
They received a grant from the Erasmus teacher´s fund to visit Iceland and stayed at Bifröst for a week. During that time, they met and held meetings with their colleges at Bifröst University. They also visited the campus and enjoyed it´s beautiful surroundings.
They hoped that the trip would give them an insight into the procedures used at the administrative office at Bifröst University and to gain further knowledge of distance learning technology. With Bifröst University holding the lead of such technology amongst the Icelandic universities. Further, they enjoyed seeing the daily life at campus and to be able to meet and have conversation with their colleges.
Bifröst University sends many thanks to Ellen Mary and Lorna for their enjoyable visit.
- Constant workload trains students in group and team work
- Small university that emphasises personal service
- We aim for personal development and social participation
- Friendly campus for individuals and families
- Active quality control and innovative teaching methods