Advancing women: A tailor-made summer course for foreign women with an entrepreneurial mindset
Advancing women is tailor-made to encourage and support women to develop their entrepreneurship mindset and help them to form their business idea. The main focus will be on the innovation environment in Iceland, based on the experience of female entrepreneurs, as well as casting the light on gender-based issues in entrepreneurship in the Icelandic job market. Students will be introduced to tools and methods in the process of forming and presenting a business idea and take their first steps towards constructing a fully developed business proposal.
Aims and objectives
After this course, students will
- have familiarised themselves with the innovation and entrepreneurship environment in Iceland
- have gained an insight into gender-based challenges and issues in innovation and entrepreneurship in Iceland
- have tried tools and methods to develop their business idea and make a simple, preliminary business plan
- be able to present their initial top-of-mind business idea and know the pathway to fully develop a business proposal
Advancing Women 3 f-ein credits.
For more information on bifrost.is
- Constant workload trains students in group and team work
- Small university that emphasises personal service
- We aim for personal development and social participation
- Friendly campus for individuals and families
- Active quality control and innovative teaching methods