A visiting scholar from Bifröst at Colorado State University
Njordur Sigurjonsson, an associate professor at Bifröst University in Iceland, spent the month of February as as visiting scholar at LEAP Institute for the Arts, based at Colorado State University. LEAP is based on four guiding principles; leadership, entrepreneurship, arts advocacy and the public.
His main research areas are arts management, cultural policy, sound studies and revolutionary aesthetics. Before his academic life Njordur worked as a managing director of the Icelandic Literature Fund, marketing director for the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra, and as stage manager at the Icelandic Opera. Njordur has taught numerous courses on cultural management, organization studies and cultural theory, and has given lectures and seminars in Finland, Czech Republic, Poland, UK and USA.
- Constant workload trains students in group and team work
- Small university that emphasises personal service
- We aim for personal development and social participation
- Friendly campus for individuals and families
- Active quality control and innovative teaching methods