Students coming from within the EU/EEA area are covered for health insurance if they bring with them their E111 form or European Health Insurance Card. For detailed information on the Icelandic health care system, consult the Europa website.

Students coming from other parts of the world for a stay of more than 90 days in Iceland will need to buy health insurance from an Icelandic insurance company in order to apply for a residence permit. This insurance is relatively inexpensive by international standards.