Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences
FH Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences
Interaktion 1, 33619 Bielefeld
Telephone: 0521 / 106-01
Erasmus code: D BIELEFE02
Number of inhabitants in the city: 327,000
Number of students in the university: 35,000
Program: Business Management
The academic year starts on 1st of September and ends on 31st of August. It is based on two semesters – a winter and a summer semester (WS and SS). Each semester is divided into a lecture and a non-lecture period.
Winter semester 01.09. – 28.02.
Lecture period middle of September – first week of February
Summer semester 01.03. – 31.08.
Lecture period middle of March – middle of July
November 15 for the summer term
June 15 for the winter term
The International Office provides an accommodation service for international students and will send you an accommodation application form. The rooms are allocated on a first come–first served basis. The local halls of residence are administered by Bielefeld Student Union and are situated in the immediate vicinity of the main university building. The International Office currently has the following halls of residence:
Universitätsstr. 1 for 235,00 € per month
Morgenbreede 29 and 31 for 245,00 € per month
More information on the website: www.studentenwerkbielefeld.de
Private accommodation in Bielefeld and surroundings can be found on information boards on campus and in the Saturday edition of the local newspapers Neue Westfälische and WestfalenBlatt. The cheapest alternative is staying in a Wohngemeinschaft (a so-called WG; flat share). In German WGs, each resident usually has his own room whereas the kitchen, living room and bathroom are shared with flatmates. Rooms in WGs are normally offered unfurnished.
The so-called “Mitwohnzentrale” (Letting Agency) on www.mitwohnzentrale.de is also a good alternative for finding private accommodation for only a few months. On this website people offer rooms and flats for a few weeks or months. The big advantage is that these habitations are normally completely furnished.
- Bielefeld is located in the north-east of North-Rhine Westphalia, Germany; it is one of the 20 biggest cities in Germany
- The city is home to a significant number of internationally operating companies, including Dr. Oetker, Gildemeister and Schüco; it is also famous for the Bethel Institution, and for the Bielefeld Conspiracy, which satirises conspiracy theories by claiming that Bielefeld does not exist
- Monthly living expenses will be approximately 400,00 € plus rent
- Students can serve their lunch in the university canteen; a lunch costs between 2,00 € and 3,00 €
- The academic facilities include access to the library, computer center, free public transport and free access to the sport halls and swimming pool located in the campus
- The town’s landmark is the historic “Sparrenburg“ castle with a splendid view of the city
- Beside theatres, museums and cinemas, Bielefeld has a large variety of bars, restaurants, pizzerias and discotheques with different music styles
- More practical information on https://www.fh-bielefeld.de/internationales/download-area
Hvers vegna að velja Bifröst?
- Í fararbroddi í fjarnámi
- Allt námsefni aðgengilegt á netinu þegar þér hentar
- Skólinn kemur til þín og mætir þínum þörfum
- Sterk tengsl við atvinnulífið
- Persónuleg þjónusta