Kári Joensen, assistant professor
MS in Economics from the University of Iceland, May 2007
BS in Industrial engineering from the University of Iceland, May 2004
Main research areas
My research has mostly focused on pricing and markets on a micro level and issues related to econometrics and compilation of official statistics. In studies on consumer goods markets I have focused on the effects of exchange rate changes on prices and the pass-through of costs in general. In statistics I have covered issues concerning problems and improvements in official price statistics and on the availability of data in todays research environment.
· Áhrif gengis á verðlag. (e. The effect of exchange rates on prices). August 2011. Report published by the Centre for Retail Studies. Available at http://rsv.is/frettir/nr/119253/ (in Icelandic).
· Substitution bias in the Icelandic consumer price index. December 2009. Bifröst Journal of Social Science, 2009 (Vol. 3)
· The use of transaction data records in the Icelandic PPI. Invited paper at the 24th meeting of Nordic statisticians, Reykjavík June 2007. With Heiðrún Guðmundsdóttir, Rósmundur Guðnason & Guðrún Ragnheiður Jónsdóttir.
- Constant workload trains students in group and team work
- Small university that emphasises personal service
- We aim for personal development and social participation
- Friendly campus for individuals and families
- Active quality control and innovative teaching methods