Dr. Magnús Árni Magnússon, associate professor
Main research areas
My current research focuses on the Europeanization of Iceland and topics related to that, with special emphasis on national identity in a European context. Also issues related to the views of the Icelandic political parties towards European integration, and economic and political issues involving the integration process in Iceland and Malta.
“Europeanization of identity in a non-member state – the case of Iceland” (2012), working paper presented at the conference “Europeanization – do we still miss the big picture?” at the Université Libre de Bruxelles in Brussels 29-30 March 2012
· “The Engagement of Iceland and Malta with European Integration: Economic Incentives and Political Constraints”, (2011), PhD Dissertation, University of Iceland
· “Ísland 2009, stöðuskýrsla“, (Iceland 2009, Status Report), editor of a report on the status of Iceland’s economy and society for the Prime Minister of Iceland, October 2009, with Gunnar Haraldsson, director of the Institute of Economics at the Univeristy of Iceland.
- Constant workload trains students in group and team work
- Small university that emphasises personal service
- We aim for personal development and social participation
- Friendly campus for individuals and families
- Active quality control and innovative teaching methods