BS in Business Administration with emphasis in Tourism
The tourism industry is rapidly expanding in Iceland, creating a demand for well-educated professionals who are equipped to meet visitors’ needs and foster industry innovation. In response to this imperative, Bifröst University offers a study programme in Business Administration with emphasis in Tourism. The study programme is tailored to meet the needs of those seeking to enhance their education, knowledge and competency in the field of tourist services.
The programme was designed for those pursuing a career in the tourist industry. Many of the instructors are industry experts, with extensive experience in their specialised field. The study programme is 180 ECTS and leads to a BS degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Tourism. In addition to coursework, students complete specialised group term projects (16 ECTS) and a final project (14 ECTS).
The following courses form the specialised coursework component of the study programme:
- Tourism and leisure marketing
- Innovation and tourism start-ups
- Tourism and culture
- Constant workload trains students in group and team work
- Small university that emphasises personal service
- We aim for personal development and social participation
- Friendly campus for individuals and families
- Active quality control and innovative teaching methods